Name: Basil MohammedNather Saeed
Date of birth: 11/12/1971
Current Address: College of Medicine
University of Mosul
Mother language: Arabic
Other languages: English, spoken and written fluently
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Phone Number: 009647707470409
Dean of the College of Medicine/University of Mosul/Mosul/Iraq
Professor of Otorhinolaryngology-Department of Surgery/University of Mosul/Mosul/Iraq
Supervisor for the postgraduate trainee ( the candidates for the Iraqi Board of Otolaryngology)
- Undergraduate medical degree:
Bachelor degree in medicine and surgery M.B.Ch.B
Year attended: 1989
Year graduated: 1995
Institution Name: College of Medicine/ University of Mosul
I obtained the highest average (83.1%) among 147 graduate students
Note: This degree has been verified by ECFMG.
- Specialty Certification:
- Higher Specialization in ENT: Granted from the Faculty of Graduate Studies/ Jordan University in 21/6/2004. Average of 4 out of 4.
Mailing Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hospital Fax: 0096265353388
Note: This degree has been verified by ECFMG
- Jordanian Board in Otorhinolaryngology: Awarded in 13/9/2004 by Jordan Medical Council.
E- Mail: JMC@JMC.GOV.JO
Note: This degree has been verified by ECFMG
- Certification from the Arab Board of Health Specialization in Otorhinolaryngology- Head and Neck surgery. Awarded in 4/12/2005.
Professional Clinical Experience:
Mar. 2015-Current: Professor ENT College of Medicine/ University of Mosul.
Supervising the postgraduate trainee ( the candidates if the Iraqi Board in ENT) in the teaching hospitals.
Working in the Private Sector/ Private Clinic & Private Hospital.
Jan. 2006- Mar 2015: ENT Specialist College of Medicine/ University of Mosul.
Training and coordinating the postgraduate trainee ( the candidates if the Iraqi Board in ENT) in the teaching hospitals.
Working in the teaching hospital as well as the private sector( private clinic and private hospital).
July 2004-Dec 2005: ENT Fellowship
Institution Name: Jordan University Hospital / Amman/ Jordan
Date Attended: From 25/7/2004 to December/2005.
I worked as assistant specialist in Otorhinolaryngology department
Hospital Fax: 0096265353388
July 2000- June 2004: Residency program/Jordan
Institution Name: Jordan University Hospital and Faculty of Graduate Studies / Amman/ Jordan.
Date Attended: From 19/7/2000 to 30/6/2004
One year in general surgery and three years in Otorhinolaryngology.
Type of residency: Training Academic Program
Feb 1999-June 2000: SHO in Otolaryngology
Aljumhory teaching hospital. Mosul-Iraq.
Clinical research fellow in the department of Surgery/Mosul medical college.
1997-1998: General practitioner:
In Mosul rural areas for one year after internship, from January 1997- January 1998.
Two years internship in Mosul teaching hospitals with clinical rotation throughout different medical and surgical specialities.
- Oct 2018- current: Dean of the college of Medicine/ University of Mosul.
- Performing the duties of the Dean of the medical school: overseeing academic programs, handling student complaints, working with professors, and being the college representative.
- At the present time, hard working has been done for the accreditation of our medical college which is in process.
- Supervising our medical journal (Annals of the College of Medicine Mosul).
Professor of Otolaryngology:
- Supervising the postgraduate trainee (the candidates for the Iraqi Board of Otolaryngology).
- Teaching the 5th year medical students both theoretical lectures and practical training.
- Practicing the speciality of Otolaryngology in both teaching hospital and private clinic.
- May 2015- 30th Sep 2018: Vice Dean for the Scientific Affairs in the College of Medicine/ University of Mosul
Being in charge of departments and sections including the admission and registration department, higher studies, scientific affairs, cultural affairs and the employee promotion committees.
Service at the Committees
1- University of Mosul Committees
2018 up to date Member of the University Council.
2017 up to date Member of the research committee, University of Mosul
- Member of scientific and promotion committees/ University of Mosul.
2- University of Nineveh Committees
2018 up to date Scientific Promotion Committee / University of Nineveh
3- University of Mosul/ College of Medicine Committees
2018 up to date Head of the college council of the Medical College
2018 up to date Head of the medical college curriculum
2018 up to date Head of the accreditation committee
2016 up to date Member of the college council of the Medical College
2012-2013 Member of the examination committee
2006- 2012 Member in the scientific committee / department of surgery
2006-2008 Member of the chronic illness& disabling diseases committee/ Directorate of health of Mosul.
Mar 2015- Current: Full Professor in the department of surgery / College of Medicine/ University of Mosul:
Teaching the 5th year medical students, I also had the responsibility of supervising the postgraduate candidates of the Iraqi Board of Otolaryngology, attending their final board examination and participating in the committees of thesis discussions.
Oct 2009- Mar 2015: Assistant professor in the Department of Surgery/College of Medicine/University of Mosul:
I worked as a supervisor to the postgraduate candidates of the Iraqi Board in Otolaryngology.
Jan 2006-Nov 2009: Lecturer in the College of Medicine/ University of Mosul:
I was taking the responsibility of teaching the undergraduate 5th year medical students, both theoretical lectures and practical sessions in the teaching hospital. I also had the responsibility of coordinating the postgraduate trainee (the candidates for the Iraqi Board of Otorhinolaryngology) including seminars and practical training in the outpatient department and in the operating theater.
- Oct 2018: the second International Conference of Iraqi Kurdistan Society of Otorhinolaryngology- Head& Neck Surgery, 24-26/10/2018 as a faculty speaker.
- April 2018: the 15th Annual Meeting of Middle East Academy of Otolaryngology as a faculty speaker in the Rhinology Track.( Endoscopic DCR: a 10 Years Personal Experience).
- Sep 2017: the 1st Rhino Sul conference and the 4th Sulaimaniyah MasterDissection course in rhinology as a faculty speaker.
- Sep 2017: the 3rd Sulaimaniyah Master Dissection Course in Otorhinolaryngology as a member of the local faculty, which is held in Iraq/ Sulaimaniyah 9th-16th Sept.2017.
- April 2016: the first International Conference of Iraqi Kurdistan Society of Otorhinolaryngology- Head& Neck Surgery.
Title of oral presentation: Intratympanic Dexamethasone in Meniere Disease.
- April 2014: 11th annual Middle East updates in otolaryngology conference and exhibition head and neck surgery/ Dubai/ UAE
Title of oral presentation: Seasonality of Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo.
- May 2013: 7th international congress of the Jordanian Society of otorhinolaryngology head& neck surgery in Amman/ Jordan
Title of oral presentation: Closed Septorhinoplasty: personal experience and tips.
- April 2013: 10th annual Middle East updates in otolaryngology conference and exhibition head and neck surgery/ Dubai/ UAE.
- May 2009: Fifth International Conference in Otolaryngology and the Sixth ARABFOS in Amman/ Jordan
Title of oral presentation: Transorbital penetration of glass foreign bodies into the ethmoid sinuses: endoscopic management.
- May 2007: the Fourth International Conference in Otolaryngology in Amman.
Title of oral presentation: The safety of doing limited endoscopic sinonasal surgery in the absence of CT scan guidance
Peer reviewed publications:
- Saeed, B.M. Endosacopic DCR: a 10 years personal experience. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12070-018-1458-5.
- Saeed BM, Tawalbeh M, Omari AF. Intratympanic dexamethasone in Meniere’s disease. EJENTAS. 2016. July.Vol. 17, ,P: 63-69. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejenta.2016.05.002
- Saeed BMN, Omari AF. Climatic variations and benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. J Otol. 2016 Mar;11(1):33-37. doi: 10.1016/j.joto.2016.03.002. Epub 2016 Mar 19.
- Saeed BM. Closed Septorhinoplasty: Personal Experience and Tips. Egypt, J. Plast. Reconstr. Surg., 2014 July.Vol. 38, No. 2,: 129-138.
- Saeed BM, Tawalbeh M. Pediatric Endoscopic DCR: The Outcome in 50 Patients. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2014 Sep;66(3):276-80. doi: 10.1007/s12070-013-0690-2. Epub 2013 Nov 21.
- Saeed BM. Bullet in the pharynx: endoscopic management. Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord). 2013;134(3):153-6.
- Saeed BM. Endoscopic DCR without stents: clinical guidelines and procedure. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2012 Feb;269(2):545-9. doi: 10.1007/s00405-011-1727-3. Epub 2011 Aug 6.
- Saeed BM. Traumatic foreign bodies in the paranasal sinuses. JMJ. 2013. Vol. 47 (1):57- 65.
- Saeed BM. Cartilage Tympanoplasty: the Outcome in 35 Patients. JMJ. .2012. Vol. 46 (1):45-51.
- Tawalbeh M, Al- Zako S, Saeed BM. Closed Septorhinoplasty: a middle east experience. PAJR. 2015.Vol. 5(No. 1):2-13.
- Saeed BM, Mutalib AA, Burea M. Rhinoliths: a three years study. PAJR. 2014 Oct.Vol. 4, No. 2,71-74.
12- Saeed BM. The safety of doing limited endoscopic sinus surgery without CT scan guidance. TMJ. Vol.14(2):81-86. 2008.
13- Saeed BM, Rajab AY, Najeeb N, Al- Gani AA, Endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy : the outcome of 25 patients. Ann. Coll. Med. Mosul 2008; 34(2): 81-86.
14- Saeed BM. The efficacy of the particle repositioning maneuver in treating unilateral benign paroxysmal positional vertigo(BPPV). JABHS. Vol.10, No.2, 2009.
15- Saeed BM. Endoscopic sinus surgery of antrochoanal polyps: one year study of 17 patients. JABHS. Vol.10,No.4,2009.
Professional development and Training Courses Attended:
- Temporal bone dissection course by the French Team headed by Professor Andre Sultan from 8-10/9/2003 in Amman/ Jordan.
- FESS course by Professor Rida Kamel in 16/ May/ 2007, Amman/ Jordan.
- FESS course by Professor Stammberger in 15/May 2009, Amman/ Jordan.
- Temporal bone course by Professor Mario Sana in 16/ May/ 2009, Amman / Jordan.
- Vertigo workshop(Masterclass) in Lebanon in 30/ April 2011
- FESS workshop by Professor Rida Kamel in Amman in 8/ May 2013.
- Prof. Dr. Kossay Kamalaldeen Al- Ahmady
President of the University of Mosul
University of Mosul
Mosul/ Nineveh/ Iraq