Overview of Department – Department of Environmental Engineering
The Department of Environmental Engineering is an important branch of engineering concerned with the application of scientific and engineering principles for protection of human populations from the effects of adverse environmental factors; protection of environments, both local and global, from potentially deleterious effects of natural and human activities; and improvement of environmental quality. It prepares qualified engineers through the education and training and conducts high class researches to sustain and maintain development of society. Environmental engineering as a branch of applied science and technology addresses the following issues:
1. Assessment of water quality and pollution control
2. Design of municipal water supply and industrial wastewater treatment systems
3. energy preservation, production asset and control of waste
4. Wastewater management
5. Air pollution control
6. Solid waste recycling and disposal
7. Radiation protection and industrial hygiene
8. Environmental sustainability and public health
9. Environmental impact of proposed construction projects.
10.Use of GIS in pollution management and control the department contributes significantly to the reparation of the engineering cadres needed by Mosul city and other Iraqi cities. More than 120 enrolled students are afforded access to the most conducive learning environments in our department.
The department consists of two parts:
1. Main building: • 6 classrooms • Administrative rooms and service supplements
2. Laboratories building includes : Labs• Water and wastewater examination Lab.• Engineering surveying Lab.• Computer Lab.