Agricultural Scientific and Advisory Services Office
The agricultural advisory office is located in the College of Agriculture and Forestry / University of Mosul. The office was established in 1991 following the Law of Engineering Consulting Offices in Institutions of the Ministry of Higher Education, No. 64 of 1979, and its headquarters were in Hammam Al-Alil. At the beginning of its work, its activity was limited to providing agricultural consultations and controlling agricultural insects in the gardens of official departments and public houses. In 1997, a special law was issued regulating the work of offices, No. 7 of 1997, and it became effective on May 11, 1997. At that time, its work expanded and included agricultural production projects, both plant and animal and at that time it contributed to supporting the ration card by providing foodstuffs such as the production of broilers/production Eggs/cultivation of wheat and barley in very large quantities and of rare and distinct qualities were delivered to the governorate’s. Its activities can be summarized in the paragraphs below, which fall within the objectives of its establishment.
- Providing scientific, technical consultations, commitment to scientific and technical supervision for the implementation of projects in the field of plant production and livestock and the development of modern agricultural methods.
- Guiding the fields of (forestry, soil, horticulture, field crops, plant protection, food industries, agricultural mechanization, livestock).
- Conducting soil, water, and plant analyses and tests in college laboratories.
- Establishing and designing gardens for state departments and public parks, maintaining and planting public streets and tourist facilities.
- Preparing and organizing economic feasibility studies for production projects in the field of poultry, cattle, sheep, fish, and feed manufacturing for state departments and the private sector.
- Manufacture of charcoal using scientific and technical methods and under the supervision of the Forestry Department.
- Controlling agricultural pests and land insects that infect state and public residential buildings.